What is Poetry?

I created this blog will be mainly all about Poetry, as the blog title has labeled it. And it may related to 'genocide' who knows? So stay tune, liked, subscribe by favoriting on your own computer. Thankx a lot! xxx

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Types of Poetry: Odes

I am new to writing poems and I hope I can learn from all of you.
By the way, I learned how to write this kind of poem because of
An Ode to Christmas. Thank you very much!
An Ode to Halloween
When you see a child
In a costume scary and wild
You know it is Halloween.

When kids go trick-or-treats
And get lots and lots of sweets
You know it is Halloween.

When the trees give up their yellow leaves
And the dead give back their R.I.P.s
You know it is Halloween.
~from "An Ode to Halloween"
by Andy Jin

Defnition Lyric's Family. Long, lyrics poems that are written to celebrate a famous person or a mighty idea.
Example The poem above.

No comments:

Post a Comment