What is Poetry?

I created this blog will be mainly all about Poetry, as the blog title has labeled it. And it may related to 'genocide' who knows? So stay tune, liked, subscribe by favoriting on your own computer. Thankx a lot! xxx

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poetry Terms: Meter

Definition The pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in poetry.
Example
Iambic Pentameter: That time | of year | thou mayst | in me | behold
Trochaic Tetrameter: Tell me | not in | mournful | numbers
Significance In this one, I am not really sure about it, but if poems are like songs, songs are friend of poems, both should have stressed and unstressed syllables. I am probably sure, many artist change the stress to fit the rhythm of the music, so you and I probably couldn't here the stressed/unstressed of the songs, but poems are great. These things are the elements what make it a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment